• 2013/2014 Nebraska Golden Sower Honor Book
• 2013 Ohio Buckeye Children's Book Award Nominee
• 2012 Kansas NEA Reading Circle Catalog
• 2012 Missouri Building Block Picture Book Award Nominee
• 2012 NCIBA Book of the Year Finalist
• 2012 Bank Street Best Books
• 2012 CCBC Choices
• 2011 BCCB Blue Ribbon Book
• 2011 Betsy Bird’s List of 100 Magnificent Children’s Books
• 2011 New York Public Library's 100 Titles for Reading & Sharing
• 2011 Cybils Nominee
• Translations: UK, Norwegian, Finnish, Korean, Simplified Chinese
Illustrated by Tony Fucile
Mitchell never EVER wants to go to bed . . .
That is, until the night his dad says he can get his license and drive there. After a careful inspection of his new cars tires, a spiffy wash of the windshield, and a honk of the horn, Mitchell takes off on a bedtime road trip to remember. Steering through an obstacle course of speed bumps, near misses, and sharp turns, Mitchell's trusty car cruises him smoothly to tuck-in time and the open road in his dreams.
"Sure to become a classic for the ‘but I’m not tired yet set."
"Mitchell, an overwrought toddler who almost (but not quite) rules the domestic roost, is instantly recognizable as every tyke who gets a second wind after nine o’clock."
—Starred review, Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
"The pacing is riotous . . . This one is destined for family favoritehood."
"An incredibly entertaining ride."